Monday, November 24, 2008

There's no real thread to this post, but you might like it anyway.


My boyfriend's sister bought me mistletoe today at the grocery store. She didn't have much of a choice, really; I just threw it in the cart. It looked nothing like the picture I posted, and it figures. I'm trying to holiday cheer myself out. Being a big kid during the holidays can put a big damper on the hooplah. Nonetheless, as the season gets closer and closer, I'm getting more nad more excited. I'm totally ready to put up the tree at the house and start some decorating. For whatever reason, I'm all about corresponding scents with decor, so I think I'll buy a cinnamon Glade plug-in or something to add to the cheer. I'm ready to start some serious seasonal baking and do some serious holiday eating, but I'm not excited about the subsequent pants-not-fitting and the self-conscious-about-everything-I-wear that comes right after all of it. I'm much more of a gift-giver than a gift-receiver (I always freak out thinking too hard about if I'm reacting appropriately to gifts. "Do I look happy?" "Do I look too happy?" "Do I look fake happy?!"), but my budget isn't making much room for mind-blowing gifts, and I'm pissed. I'm tossing around the idea of opening up an American Express for the occasion, but part of me says that's a terrible idea, and the other half knows that part is right. Bah hum bug. I guess I'll scrooge it up this year, and not by choice. Still, I'm buying my boyfriend a fantastic gift, a... yeah right, sucker. Nice try.

Whoever said that it takes money to make money was right, and an a-hole. I recently got a new job that pays well and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy at the end of the day. It requires me to travel a lot, but I'm dealing with it, and I only want to kill myself when I'm stuck in traffic for hours at a time. This is a huge step up from my kinda-former job that makes me want to kill myself everytime I think about it. (Just so you know, I'm only making an insensitive joke here. I haven't really thought about suicide for at least 7 or 8 years... Awkward, and hilarious because I can imagine the look on your face right now.) My job even offered me a super bitchin' promotion, contingent upon me taking a few tests and getting a few certificates. These tests and certificates have set me back a good $250+ though, which is probably a quarter of what I've made there thus far, and that makes me sad inside. I guess I've just gotta keep my eye on the prize.

I'll steer you here away from the real world, and back to a world of cheer and celebration. I'm a bit of an amateur baking enthusiast, and I love to decorate cakes. Last week I made an Elmo cake (shaped like Elmo's big ol' face), and a bowling-themed cake ("Hope your birthday's a strike!") with my roommate, and they turned out fantastically. Look for pictures coming soon. I've got two other cakes in the works right now that I'm not at liberty to discuss. The internet is really good about ruining people's surprises. Without it, the whole world would never have known that Disney routinely hires exhibitionist pre-teens! That cat's outta the bag though, and creep-o men all over the world couldn't be happier.

I recently saw the Twilight movie. That's all I'm going to say about it, though. I'm sure every other fourteen year old in the world is blogging about it right this second, or already has, so I'm sure you have plenty to read about on that subject if you feel the need. But to field just a few questions... Yes, I've read all the books. Yes, I love them. No, I'm not letting myself fall (back) into fandom. That's just pathetic. You'll never see my name written with Cullen as my last name, and you won't find any hearts with "Jasmine + Edward = Love for Eternity" scribbled in the middle of them. Those have all been shredded already.

I'll leave you tonight with these words of wisdom. When things get tough... hug it out, bitch.

P.S. Xochi... You can be Jessica, or Carlisle. <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, in your post you mentioned that you get new job. Please tell me how did you find it?

Just fill in simple form here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pofaMdrZTSfTEEF4phuoMGQ

Thanks